This is a 1 option poll with 50 respondents targeting Cooking Interest (Avid Home Cook). A sample of responses:
- Friend enjoy these services and report that the ingredients are high quality. I live in a rural area and have access to fresh produce and meat almost year round. I have recreated some of the recipes these services send along and all are well written and can easily be understood by novice cooks.
- I have not tried Home Meal Kit services, and I would rate them a 3 on that note. I feel that those services are not necessary for many people who do not mind going to the grocery store, which is nearly everyone. I think home meal kit services are not unique enough or worthwhile enough to get for the common person, it's difficult to imagine how else to go about running those type of services but the current model isn't working. I believe a subscription model giving free meals out per month, at least one per week (differing cuisines and variety) would be good. People love Japan Crate, all those other "crate" services that give items per month for a subscription price. It's all random items and the model works.
- I have tried a home meal kit service. I found that I usually do better as I work on a recipe and 'perfect' it over time and I rarely get a recipe spot on the first time so it's challenging to pay so much and then sometimes the recipe doesn't come out as well as on the picture
- I don't really care for them.
- I did try Blue Apron and I loved it. The ingredients we're always fresh and high quality, the recipes simple, and the meals delicious. My only complaint is the expense. It isn't cheap, but all in all definitely worth it!