Writing books is a collaborative process, and self-publishing books is perhaps even more so. In order to sell books you’ve self-published, you not only have to understand your subject matter, but also how to position your book in the marketplace and how to sell your book online. We’ve assembled resources to help you do just that. Got more great tips on selling books to share? Tweet them to us @PickFu!
How to sell more books: book titles
Book titles shape how people think about your book and what they can expect to find within. Below you’ll find resources and guides to help you create the most compelling title for your book.
- Book titles that sell, productivity for authors and marketing for introverts with Tim Grahl | The Creative Penn
- How to write the perfect book title | Book in a Box
- How to title your book: A step-by-step guide to keyword research | An Authorpreneur’s First $100K
- The quest for the perfect title | Anne Janzer
- How to title a book: Making titles that sell | Kindlepreneur
How to sell more books: book covers
We’ve always been taught not to judge a book by its cover, but let’s face it, that’s exactly how most readers make the decision to learn more about a certain book. We’ve gathered resources to help you design and test the best book cover for your subject matter and target audience.
- Book cover design mastery | Kindlepreneur
- Using 99designs for book covers | BecomeAWriterToday.com
- How to easily test a book cover design to sell more books | BookBub
- Is it the cover? | Sheer Hubris Press
- How to know your book’s cover needs a redesign | BookBub
- Book title generators: Free Tools to help you pick a winning title | Kindlepreneur
How to sell more books: book description copy
How you describe your book on sites like Amazon can make the difference between someone clicking Purchase and someone clicking Back. So how do you craft the perfect paragraph to entice readers? Read some of the useful tips below:
How to sell more books: book marketing
Once your book is for sale, how do you get people reading it? The tools and tips below will help you navigate online marketing, social media, and other opportunities to get your book in front of more readers.
- 10 simple marketing tools every author should know about | BookBub
- 40 self-publishing resources, tools, and assets to accelerate success | AuthorityPub
- 15 essential time-saving tools for busy writers | The Book Designer
- Self publishing checklist | AuthorityPub
- How to self-publish a bestseller: The book marketing strategy I used to sell over 400 books in 10 days | Medium
- 119 book marketing ideas to help authors increase sales | BookBub
- How to market your book using content marketing in five easy steps | Written Word Media
- How do I know if my fiction writing is good? | The Novelry
How to sell more books: testing
In publishing, you don’t always want to trust your gut. Instead, get concrete answers from potential readers by using testing. Here’s how.