This is a 8 option poll with 50 respondents targeting Literary Preference. A sample of responses:
- Option C, "The Millionaire Who drank From Puddles" sounds the most interesting out of all of the choices. I am not sure what the book is about, but it would make me think there is something I could learn about being resourceful or creative to improve my own finances. Option H makes me wonder what could be done to change the world by walking around barefoot. Option E makes me think it could be an interesting story about someone who was able to change their life around through prison, maybe a story about overcoming addiction or something similar. I don't like Option A and F as much as the first three selections, but I would read these based on only knowing the title over options G, B, and D. Option A makes me think it could be about traveling and living a nomadic lifestyle while becoming a millionaire. Option F, Three Snickers and a Dream, makes me think it is about someone who has overcome the odds to be successful, or maybe found inspiration from the Snickers® brand candy bar.
- The more realistic and plausible the title, the more I felt I could tell what the book was about and the higher I rated it. I did not like the other titles as they seemed pedantic.
- E- sounded intriguing I love to hear perspectives of personal change. The title itself makes me curious. B- This sounds like a story of someone with heart and passion and wants better I like inspirational stories. H- Barefoot really shows this person was in a down place, but is still doing well for others, I'd like to read what this is about. D- I love stories of personal change and what it took to get there. G- This one was my last choice, I don't care for anything that has to do with millionaires and that was the rest of the options, but this title is very subjective and could be an interesting story. E is the best option than all of the choices, in my opinion.
- I chose these in order of what seemed most interesting to me.
- I think the best choice is "The Millionaire Migrant" because the title is intriguing (I want to know how a migrant, someone who is generally thought of as poor, becomes a millionaire). The title also uses alliteration (use of the "m" sound), which makes the title fun to say and easy to remember. My second choice is "The Barefoot Migrant Who Is Changing the World" because, similar to "The Millionaire Migrant," I want to know how someone in deep poverty (represented by the term "barefoot") can change the world. My third choice is "The Millionaire Who Drank from Puddles" because it paints a funny picture in the mind (the imagery is intriguing-- I picture someone in a 3-piece suit and Rolex watch drinking from a mud puddle). My fourth choice is From Prisoner to Master because it suggests a "rags-to-riches" narrative.