This is a 6 option poll with 50 respondents targeting Political Affiliation (Democrat, Independent/Other), Book Format (E Books), Age Range (18 24, 25 34, 35 44, 45 54, 55 64), and Travel Frequency (Occasionally, Frequently). A sample of responses:
- I like option F the best, because it has playful characters in a perfectly satirical setting. The cartoon cover looks fun, and I could see myself reading the novel. Option B is next best for me, because the cover is clean, and it shows the different country flags. Option C is next on the list for me, since the black background has a playful contrast to the sights that you can see in the respective countries. Lastly, option A is good because it showcases all three countries in one flag. I like how the background is the sky with the flag waving in the front.
- If the author wants to really sell this as a humorous book, F is the best cover because it looks the most comical. B is the most cheerful and might make a good cover if the intent is to see how the cultures interplay. I liked A as well because it gave the impression that the author wants to pick the best aspects of all of these cultures and combine them. Of the remaining three, I picked D because it looked the least generic.
- I chose F first because the novel is satirical, and so is the cover. It's funny, it makes you look at it, and you know it's not going to be a super serious book but something more enjoyable. None of the other choices offered this combination. I chose B second because it was uncluttered, to the point, easy to determine what the contents were about, and easy to see what cultures/countries the book would be about. I chose E for my third choice because I liked it better than all the ones left, at least it had good graphics and cultural representation, but nothing about it screamed satirical or tongue in cheek. I chose C as my fourth choice, but I didn't really like it. I just liked it a wee bit better than the other two that were left. boring and nothing made me want to see what was written inside.
- I really like the more irreverent and comedic covers such as F and B the most of all of them.
- I think Option F makes the most sense for a satirical novel. I get that it's not a serious book and more for fun from just looking at the cover. I wouldn't be surprised when I started reading the book. I also like Option C because you get a sense of the 3 places it mentions because of the monuments that are significant to each of the 3 places. Option B and A were just Ok for me. They were too serious and don't convey satire as well.