This is a 6 option poll with 50 respondents targeting Travel Frequency (Frequently, Occasionally), Age Range (45 54, 25 34, 55 64, 35 44, 18 24), Book Format (E Books), and Political Affiliation (Democrat, Independent/Other). A sample of responses:
- I think Option F makes the most sense for a satirical novel. I get that it's not a serious book and more for fun from just looking at the cover. I wouldn't be surprised when I started reading the book. I also like Option C because you get a sense of the 3 places it mentions because of the monuments that are significant to each of the 3 places. Option B and A were just Ok for me. They were too serious and don't convey satire as well.
- I chose F first because the novel is satirical, and so is the cover. It's funny, it makes you look at it, and you know it's not going to be a super serious book but something more enjoyable. None of the other choices offered this combination. I chose B second because it was uncluttered, to the point, easy to determine what the contents were about, and easy to see what cultures/countries the book would be about. I chose E for my third choice because I liked it better than all the ones left, at least it had good graphics and cultural representation, but nothing about it screamed satirical or tongue in cheek. I chose C as my fourth choice, but I didn't really like it. I just liked it a wee bit better than the other two that were left. boring and nothing made me want to see what was written inside.
- If the author wants to really sell this as a humorous book, F is the best cover because it looks the most comical. B is the most cheerful and might make a good cover if the intent is to see how the cultures interplay. I liked A as well because it gave the impression that the author wants to pick the best aspects of all of these cultures and combine them. Of the remaining three, I picked D because it looked the least generic.
- I like option F the best, because it has playful characters in a perfectly satirical setting. The cartoon cover looks fun, and I could see myself reading the novel. Option B is next best for me, because the cover is clean, and it shows the different country flags. Option C is next on the list for me, since the black background has a playful contrast to the sights that you can see in the respective countries. Lastly, option A is good because it showcases all three countries in one flag. I like how the background is the sky with the flag waving in the front.
- I really like the more irreverent and comedic covers such as F and B the most of all of them.