Doing product research before you launch a new product on Amazon or other marketplaces can help you optimize your listings and identify product opportunities with high sales potential.
However, many popular product research tools are expensive and have more features than you need.
The good news is that free and accessible Amazon product research tools do exist – and you can use them to get valuable insights for your e-commerce journey.
We’ve listed some of the best product research tools for finding trending and profitable products, doing Amazon keyword research, and much more. Let’s dive in!
1. PickFu – best product-focused research tool
Not sure if your product concept will work? You can eliminate risk and save money by running polls with PickFu to see how your product will perform on the Amazon marketplace.
We might be biased, but PickFu is the best Amazon product research tool for sellers looking for fast, high-quality, cost-effective feedback from real consumers.
- Polls: Run Head-to-Head, Ranked, and Open-Ended polls to test various aspects of your products and listings.
- Online focus groups: Ask real Amazon buyers for unfiltered, real-time product feedback.
- Click Tests (heatmaps): Learn what attracts your audience to your product images (or your competitors’) and why.
- Free Amazon mockup tool: Optimize how your product listing looks on the Amazon SERP (Search Engine Results Page) by generating Amazon mockups.
- 15 million respondents: Collect data from your ideal user base using 90+ demographic traits, including parents, gamers, coffee drinkers, and much more.
Here are a few examples of how you can use PickFu to ensure your Amazon products and listings are successful:
- Split test your product against the competition by asking your target audience which product they’d pick and why. You can also use polls for Amazon SERP optimization.
- Optimize your product image by researching which elements attract people the most. Check out this example of a Click Test for a beauty product.
- Easily understand feedback about your Amazon product page with PickFu’s AI tools. Instead of manually combing through responses, get an automated summary of the feedback, including a breakdown of what people liked and disliked.
It’s free to sign up for PickFu, and you can run your first poll for free as well!
From there, you have to pay for each poll you run, but it’s very cost-effective when it comes to Amazon product research tools – polls start at just $15. It can help you save a lot of money in the long run by reducing risk when launching a new product and driving engagement and sales.
2. Camelcamelcamel – best free price tracker
Pricing is a critical aspect of any e-commerce business’ marketing strategy. The difference of a few cents in your product pricing can have a disproportionate impact on your sales.
It’s not feasible to check price changes manually for multiple products. Making it even more difficult is Amazon’s dynamic pricing, with many product prices changing several times a day.
This is why Camelcamelcamel and its free Chrome extension are key parts of your Amazon FBA product research toolkit.
- Track the price history of any product for up to three months.
- Create alerts for your competitors’ products or any product you want to track.
- Use the Camelizer browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari to access data on an Amazon page.
- Import your Amazon wishlist to track products.
These features are important for any Amazon FBA seller who wants to make strategic pricing decisions. You’ll get the right information at the right time so you can match your competition or lower your prices to boost sales.
3. Helium 10 – comprehensive research options
Helium 10 is a top Amazon research tool that helps sellers with Amazon SEO (Search Engine Optimization), finding suppliers, and other preemptive market information. It offers the most number of free tools in this list.
- Amazon FBA Calculator: This profit calculator helps you figure out your true profits after FBA fees, marketing expenses, and other factors that new sellers often forget about.
- Amazon Sales Estimator: This tool answers the question “How much would I sell if I ranked at the top?” Researching this information is important as you’ll learn if it’s worth entering a specific category or niche.
- Trending Products: Find opportunities in any product category and learn your potential monthly sales and revenue.
- Audit PPC (pay-per-click) ad performance: Upload your Search Term Report from Seller Central and get a free evaluation of your PPC campaigns.
- Free Chrome extension: Install it to start collecting data and find product opportunities.
- Xray: Get behind-the-scenes data with the Xray extension to learn about a product’s BSR (Best Seller Rank), Buy Box information, and other data.
- Keyword research tool and listing optimization: Learn what keywords to add to your product pages to increase your chances of appearing at the top of the SERP.
There are limits to some of these free tools – you’ll eventually need to upgrade if you want access to more information. Helium 10 can also be difficult to learn how to use. The platform might be overkill for anyone who needs simpler product data or audience feedback.
4. JungleScout – simple value-focused tools
JungleScout is an all-in-one tool for keyword research, inventory management, and seller identification. It’s a premium solution for managing multiple aspects of your Amazon business. JungleScout’s free offerings are limited, but they’re invaluable for new Amazon sellers.
JungleScout offers two free solutions:
- Free Amazon FBA Calculator: Get a detailed spreadsheet with a template for every possible expense when sourcing, marketing, or making your product. Calculate your profit rate accurately and easily.
- Free Amazon Sales Estimator: Get ten free estimates a day and learn your product’s sales potential for any Amazon category and marketplace. Use these tools if you’re just starting as an Amazon seller and want to understand your product’s potential.
Leverage these tools to learn your true potential for success on Amazon.
5. AMZScout – unique data points
If you like uncovering extra details when doing product research, then AMZScout is for you.
Sign up to access this keyword research tool and product database platform and get 14 runs to start collecting information.
- Niche keywords: Get a word cloud with related niche keywords. For example, “rug” suggests keywords like “geometric,” “patio,” and “waterproof.”
- Listing quality score: This rates how well-made a listing is and includes factors like name and brand length, seller type, image count, and other useful details.
- Research Alibaba suppliers: Look for suppliers from a product page and validate your choice with a review score, price, and MOQ (minimum order quantity).
- Stock stats: The free AMZScout Chrome extension lets you “spy” on your competition and get data on their stock, inventory, and sales.
AMZScout also has a free Amazon FBA Fees Calculator and a Sales Estimator like the other platforms. You’re best served by using AMZScout to explore more data parameters when doing product research.
6. Glimpse – supercharged trend spotter
Are you looking for low-competition products that can grow to have high demand? There’s no better platform than Google Trends to find what’s trending! This underrated tool is one of the best free Amazon seller tools if you know how to use it.
But did you know that you can supercharge Google Trends with another free add-on?
Meet Glimpse, a Chrome extension for spotting search trends. Let’s explore how it works by looking at its features.
- Glimpse overlays your Google Trends data with search volume numbers, useful visual charts, and relevant insights.
- Get ten free reports a month.
- Find related product ideas by exploring Related Trending Queries, the Topic Map, and Related Topics.
- Identify trends in specific regions and by interests.
- Get trending information for specific platforms like Amazon, YouTube Search, Google Shopping, and more.
We recommend Glimpse for any FBA business that wants to find low-competition products before everyone else does.
7. SellerApp – intuitive user experience
This advanced market intelligence, automation, and PPC optimization platform offers many “freemium” research tools. It also has an easy-to-use and intuitive platform with a shallow learning curve. You’ll get your Amazon product research going in no time.
- Amazon Product Intelligence: Track up to two products for free and explore details like product keywords, listing quality, search volume, cost-per-click data, and more.
- Free ad insights: Get an overview of your ad performance, including ad revenue, spend, advertising cost of sales (ACoS), and search term analysis. This tool makes it easy to learn whether your ads are working.
- Keyword tools: These include keyword research and reverse ASIN tools to find out which search terms a product ranks for.
Overall, SellerApp is a neat Amazon keyword research tool and product listing optimizer. You should know that these free tools do have daily limits but are still useful for validating your product ideas and staying competitive.
Identify top Amazon products with PickFu
You’ve just read about the best free Amazon product research tools available for e-commerce sellers. These tools will help uncover products with high potential and verify that your new product idea has a chance in the Amazon marketplace.
Your best approach is to work with a variety of tools and functionalities to optimize your Amazon store.
If you can bear with us for another shameless self-plug, Amazon sellers like Jeff O’Bryant from Leap Stores get a huge return on investment by using PickFu to do their Amazon product research and optimization. By using polls to directly ask your target audience what they think about your products and listings, you’ll get valuable insights to inform your decisions.
Customers who apply findings from PickFu often see an overnight change in their product sales and engagement (Jeff saw his client’s new product reach the first page on Amazon in just a few days by using a PickFu-optimized main image). You can also use our platform for other e-commerce and retail marketplaces such as Etsy, eBay, and Walmart.
Sign up for free to start researching and optimizing your products with PickFu!
Which tool is best for Amazon product research?
PickFu is the best option to research and find best-selling Amazon products. You’ll get feedback from real Amazon buyers who match your target customer base. This FBA tool helps you run polls and online focus groups to learn if your product has potential. You can also collect qualitative data to learn what will make people buy your product.
How do I find Amazon ASINs?
An easy way to find an Amazon product ASIN is to find it in the product specification area of an Amazon product page. Use the Ctrl+F (or Command+F on Apple) and type “ASIN.” You’ll jump right to the spot with the ASIN details.